Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm just going to come out and say it ...


Brett Farve needs to go away. Or at least make a friggin' decision already. Yes, at the risk of getting pelted to death with cheese curds, I'm going to go out on a limb and say, "Sh&t or get off the pot," to America's Golden Boy.


Yeah, I know every man in this country wants to play catch and shop for Wranglers with Brett Favre. I know he brought the good people (and I mean that sincerely) of Green Bay two NFC championships and one Super Bowl. I know he had the most socially accepted drug addiction in the history of the world. And yes, we all laughed at There's Something about Mary.


But you know what else? I'm tired of seeing his face every time I turn on the TV or check my email. He's a moderately accurate gunslinger who's handcuffed his team from going out and getting some fresh blood for years, and now he's pulling a Clemens and retiring, then taking it back. Now, I read that he "doesn't feel welcome" by the Packers organization and that's why he wants to be released.


Doesn't feel welcome? Brett, you've been worshipped like a god for 16 years. Now you're old and can't play that well. They're offering a cushy retirement, allowing you to more or less go out on top, and you will pretty much walk on the waters of Lake Michigan for the rest of your life and beyond. I know, you wanna keep throwin' the pig skin 'round, but seriously, your retired jock life will be better than anything the rest of us can even conceive of. Nothing but celebrity golf tournaments and fancy steak dinners. Accept it. Move on. So the rest of us can too.