Thursday, February 7, 2008

Because apparently England's not big enough


I’ve confessed my un-American love of soccer before, and here’s another blasphemous divulgence: I also like international sports. That’s right, I watch the Olympics. Even the winter one!

This is kind of a combination of both things – the soccer and the international. Apparently the English Premiership League is going to host some games around the world next year. Not sure if any will be in the US or not, but what's interesting is that this is following a trend in American professional sports where teams play in other countries. The NFL has played in London; MLB has gone to Japan, etc.

Being the odd duck that I am, I think this is really cool, but I know some people hate it. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

Dave Harrington said...

Yes, as long as these guys come to the games:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chelsea+Headhunters