Thursday, December 27, 2007

Is it Baseball Season Yet?

I must confess...the only sport I really watch and love is baseball. Things get a bit boring for me in the winter when it's not on. At least I have meetings and signings and reports to get me through.

On the Padres front, Kevin Towers is (like always) gunning for pitchers (instead of, oh I dunno, players who can hit over .250? I know, I know. It's just too crazy!) and K . Tow likes his pitchers like he likes his whores: old and cheap. So we signed Randy Wolf and Mark Prior...both coming off serious surgeries, both over 25 and both rumored to be "done." If these guys come out and pitch to their potential, the Padres would be pretty effing unbeatable (with Peavy, Young and Maddox rounding out the rotation. Oh how I love those three). However, if they pitch like they had major surgery in the past two years (which they both did), expect to see some AAA call ups to cover their asses. I mean, pitchers win baseball games in San Diego. We couldn't possibly try and win by hitting the ball well. That would just be too ridiculous.


Oh no! Someone put Mad-Dog's arm on backwards. Now we are really f*cked!

No comments: