Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Girls kicking balls

I know girl’s sports don’t really count, but I’m still trumpeting the start of the Women’s Soccer World Cup this week. Team USA has pretty big shoes to fill; our last national team, with players like Mia Hamm and Brandi Chastain (a.k.a. The One who Took Her Shirt Off), won something like two World Cups and two Olympic gold medals. From what I hear though, this team is just as talented, maybe even more so. And hey, with Amy Winehouse playing forward, how can we lose?


2 comments:

Red said...

Let's hope Amy stays sober enough to make her first start...

Nooch said...

The best part about the NWT this year, are the commericals. Rainn Wilson plays the team's PR Manager named Jim Mike. They are very very funny. If you are an office fan, you will enjoy them.

The team is amazing. I could be completely wrong but I don't think they have lost a game in 2 1/2 years. I missed the first game yesterday, but I have my tivo all set for Friday's game (as much as I love soccer, I won't wake up at 5 am to watch unless I am in an irish pub).

follow the link to see one of rainn's spots:

http://www.nike.com/nikesoccer/index.html