Monday, January 28, 2008

Friar Fest '08

This weekend, I attended SD Padres Friar Fest at Petco Park. It was pretty rad. Started in the Padres clubhouse (I saw Heath Bell's jock. Dunno if I liked it or not). It's funny how similar the clubhouse is to a normal working office...with silly memos posted on the signboard that no one ever reads...except they have kick ass flat panel TVs and exercise equipment to make an inmate jealous.

We also toured the field. This was my first time on an MLB field (except for when the Pads played at Qualcomm, but that field has seen more action then Paris Hilton) and it was pretty awesome (would have been better without all the dumb kids running the bases, but I suppose I can't be picky). Kinda made me feel all Field of Dreams-y.

Because I am lame, we got there after all the autograph sessions (well, except for McAnulty and some new dude I didn't recognize...so that doesn't really count). I'd really been looking forward to meeting and confessing my undying love for Maddux or Kouzmanoff, but I was too late. Now they may never know...

3 comments:

Dave Harrington said...

Koooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooz!!!!!!!

The Sports Hernia said...

I would have been looking for one person and one person only, and that's obviously the San Diego Chicken.

Dave Harrington said...

The Chicken needs to be enshrined in some capacity.

Is there a Mascot Hall of Fame?