Friday, April 18, 2008

Extra Innings are for Losers

I hate extra innings. I firmly believe all baseball games should be wrapped up in 9 innings and then go straight to a Home Run Derby type tie breaker situation, if necessary.

Last night, the Padres and the Rockies gave a whole new meaning to extra innings when they played 22 innings of baseball. The game ended at 1:21am! (Did anyone stay up to watch? I bet Matt and Mudd were pretty loopy/hilarious towards the end). Imagine if, after 9 innings (which came at about 9:30pm) the teams started a Home Run Derby. It would be fun/entertaining and the game would be over probably a half-hour later at the most. This idea is genius. I should be commissioner of baseball.

By the way, this is the 200th post here at PHN. Yay us!

5 comments:

Liz said...

If you'd gone to HomeRun Derby style, the Padres still would have lost, though a lot quicker. I'm not saying that to be mean - just a fact. That lineup has some serious soul searching to do.

(I watched through the 15th inning)

Red said...

Oh totally, but they would have saved some wear and tear on the entire lineup.

Dave Harrington said...

McAnulty has a soul patch, if that counts...

Feisty Democrat said...

As a Yankee fan, I'd be all for the HR Derby instead of extra innings thing!

Dave Harrington said...

Either HR derby or no new innings after 11:00 PM would be nice.