Monday, August 27, 2007

What dreams may come


I had a dream last night that my editor told me the vice president had resigned. At first I thought he meant the vice president of some company, then realized he meant Dick Cheney. Shortly after I exclaimed, "Wow, really?" I woke up. I thought to myself, "If I go in to work today and find out Dick Cheney resigned, I am officially delcaring myself a telekenetic super hero and reaping the benefits thereof."

In the course of getting up (late), showering (too slowly) and making (and then almost forgetting) my breakfast, I forgot about the dream. Then I came in to work and saw the attorney general resigned.

So, I have decided that while I may not be clairvoyant, I am clairvoyant adjacent. If I dream tonight that the Padres win the World Series, you can expect Jake Peavey to win the Cy Young Award. (Or for the Padres to not even make the playoffs I guess, depending on your opinion of the Bush administration).


1 comment:

Red said...

Wow. That is pretty spooky. Too bad it wasn't Cheney, though...